G4 mouse button problem

Hi folks.

I've got a TiBook 667 and it's working well, but the
mouse is being slightly problematic in two ways.

1. It's way too fast, but there is probably a non
debian-ppc specific way to deal with that.

2. The mouse button "clicks" even when I don't touch
it sometimes. Twice, for instance, during the drafting
of this email. Sometimes I move the pointer from one
place to the next and it will select (click on) a menu
item or link I cross.

I'm using Christophe's setup, including the part with
/etc/sysctl.conf

It also seems like the pointer will "jump" sometimes,
too.

Thx in advance- Josh