LDAP / kerberos

I've gotten KTH (Heimdal) kerberos up and running on an old world macintosh running woody and would like to begin to integrate LDAP. I've no preference Heimdal or MIT kerberos, which ever integrates better. I would like tips, suggestions, or recommended reading for how to do proceed.

So far, I've looked at:
 http://www.ofb.net/~jheiss/krbldap/
 http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/Linux-PAM-html/pam.html
 http://staff.pisoftware.com/bmarshal/publications/system_auth/sage-au/system_auth.html
  http://www.pdc.kth.se/heimdal/
  http://www.cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/kerby-infra.html
  http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin/
  http://www.bayour.com/LDAPv3-HOWTO.html
  http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/ldap-auth.php

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/LDAP-Implementation-HOWTO.html

I'd also like to avoid modifying or rebuilding source packages if at all possible.

If there is a more appropriate forum for this question, please let me know. I considered the debian-kerberos list, but upon investigating the archive it seems that it consists only of spam.

Cheers,
-Lars