interlaced screen

We tried to install a debian 2.2r3 on a powerpc oldworld, but it looks to have an interlaced screen.

First, it does not boot on cd (pressing 'C' during reboot), so we put the neccessited kernel image, and so on, on a floppy.

It boots (the penguin appears), and after 20 seconds, we see for just a half second the beginning of the lines of the booting session, but then, the screens becomes completly zapped, with only dazzling lines; somebody told us that it was because 'the screen was (or was not?) interlaced': it is an original Apple screen (with the strange-non compatible plug).

So, we tried to get in the open firmware, with a small Macos extension we had there, and it asked us to set plenty of variables we don't know about, more simple of them were number of lines and columns, and what kind of boot floppy we wanted to create (this was still under MacOS 8 or 9).

Does anybody have an idea of the solution?

It looks to be an Openfirmware problem and not installation (we didn't went that far), but it is still related!

Thanks in advance.

Raphael