Re: Depair: Help for installing Woody on an ibook (M8587) needed - LONG

> Two things you can do: either bget vlc from their CVS; it is
> debian-buildable by default; just cd into the top-level dir, and do:
>
>   dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

Ok. I did try the install-css.sh script with ogle sometime back, but it
seemed to use version 0.3 of libdecss or something. The current version
seems to be like 1.0.
Is the cvs version of vlc much better than the unstable one ?

With xine, the dvdnav and css plugin just segfaults on my machine. I got
ogle to work, and mplayer to work too.. Both were ok, but dropped frames..
mplayer suggests using alsa for sound. Would that help ?

I have a 500 MHz ibook2, and I can watch divx movies in fullscreen (xine)
without any frame dropping. Its perfect. So I can't understand why dvds
don't seem to play. I dont think that decss cpu requirement >> divx decoding..

viral

--
http://www.mayin.org/~gandalf

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines.