Re: linuxppc install

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 08:08:54AM -0300, Luis Alves Ferreira Filho wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to install linuxppc in a Performa 6360.
>
> steps:
>
> 1. I downloaded the latest non-us image available (april 2001)
>
> 2. burn a CD with the image
>
> 3. tried to boot form CD, but does not work
>    generate the floppies and
>
>    a.  Boot - ok
>    b.  Root - ok
>    c.  tried CD does not find anything usefull
>    c'. Rescue (now floppy)
>    d.  Driver 1
>        I could not pass this stage.
>        I tried everything in the CD (evry driver image)
>        with no success.
>
> I am stucked!
>
> Can anybody please provide me some directions installing linuxppc?

Do really mean linuxppc? AFAIK linuxppc is dead, and not supported
here in any case. The last time I checked, (2 seconds ago),
www.linuxppc.org is dead too.

Or do you really mean Debian 2.2r3 (would have been around April 2001)?
The installer starts automatically when booting the Debian CD or
floppy set.