Re: Audio CDs in xmms on ibook2 2001 600Mhz

On Saturday 02 March 2002 10:45, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-03-02 at 15:11, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > The Linux kernel CD-ROM driver doesn't support audio grabbing with
> > all drives, maybe you need to use SCSI emulation.
>
> See linuxppc-dev Michel, the drive in my iBook 500 didn't do
> audio-grabbing before either. Gordon, what's the name of the drive as
> reported by dmesg (the complete name) or /proc/ide/hdb/model ?
>
> If it's a:
> $ cat /proc/ide/hdb/model
> MATSHITADVD-ROM SR-8176
> grab a recent kernel, it's fixed already.

No, it's a "TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R2002" -- a so-called combo drive.
(That's probably significant, but it completely slipped my mind at the
time.  Oops.)

I've just rsynced the latest benh Kernel.  I'll try rebuilding
(without and with SCSI emulation) over the weekend; I'll let you all
know how I got on.

Thanks,
Gordon