Re: Upgrading Mac-side kernel for BootX

Thanks to everyone's help,  I successfully moved from 2.2.18pre21 to 2.2.19.
Not a big leap, admittedly, but this was more of a feasibility study than a real need. Actually, it was a good thing I took this rather small step instead of a big one.

I don't current backup my Linux files (don't have my mass backup device configured yet). Once I downloaded the new kernel and it's associated files and shutdown Linux, I realized that I was in a big heap of trouble if the new kernel didn't work... I believe I'd have to do an entire reinstall of the old kernel and everything else onto a clean disk, or something close. Fortunately, all went well.

Next time, I'll only change kernels when all my data is safely backed up.

Thanks again guys.

-- Bill