Re: DRI not working with ATI Radeon M7
- To: florian <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: DRI not working with ATI Radeon M7
- From: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Date: 29 Dec 2002 21:44:21 +0100
- Message-id: <1041194660.1911.77.camel@thor>
- In-reply-to: <1041189485.697.17.camel@lisp>
- References: <1041187166.616.6.camel@lisp> <1041188281.634.10.camel@lisp> <1041188974.1893.75.camel@thor> <1041189485.697.17.camel@lisp>
On Son, 2002-12-29 at 20:18, florian wrote:
> > > > (EE) RADEON(0): [dri] RADEONDRIScreenInit failed because of a version mismatch.
> > > > [dri] radeon.o kernel module version is 1.1.1 but version 1.2.1 or newer is needed.
> > > > [dri] Disabling DRI.
> > The version tells another story, you did rmmod the module after that,
> > didn't you? Or maybe the kernel has the DRM built in as well? That
> > scenario isn't handled intelligently yet unfortunately.
> yup. i rmmod the radeon module.. and i copied the dri one over the kernel
> one. so that should be okay. i also rebooted. but still no success.
> do i need to load any other module besides the radeon one? maybe agpgart?
No. Have you verified that no radeon DRM is built into the kernel?
Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)/ Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc) developer
XFree86 and DRI project member / CS student, Free Software enthusiast