Re: Samba 3 on Sarge ppc

On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 08:35, Arnaud Bled wrote:
> i would like to install Samba 3 on a Sarge ppc , but without upgrade to
> Sid, is there a procedure to upgrade only Samba ?

I would add a sid entry to sources.list, do apt-get update, and then try

# apt-get install [whatever samba packages I want to upgrade]

and see what it tells me I need.  This way, only Samba and necessary
packages to use Samba 3 will be updated.  (Assuming Samba 3 is available
in sid, which I have not checked.)

When done, remove the sid entry from sources.list and apt-get update.