keyboard not responding!

Hi.. I'm still trying to get X to work on my ibook (the new one released
in Nov.). I rebooted (after trying to get X to work for a while) and now
the keyboard doesn't work... no response on the screen to any key
presses.. I read the keycodes problem at
http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/keycodes and tried passing the
boottime parameter of keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1 .. didn't work..
then I also tried "cp mac-usb-us.kmap.gz /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz"
but that didn't work either.. I haven't upgraded to the benh kernel yet
so I'm running Woody as of now.. please let me know if you have any
ideas on how to get the keyboard to work...

Thanks,
nirmal