Re: Volunteer with Mac wanted to verify bug

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 12:25:55PM +0100, Alastair McKinstry wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a request of someone with a Mac.
> Bug #166841 says that upgrade to console-tools-0.2.4-24dbs (which I
> maintain) trashes the Mac keyboard (the good news is that it is fine
> after reboot). I can't trace the bug in the source, and can't check for
> the problem remotely (I need to be at a keyboard, of a machine I can
> reboot. )
>
> Unfortunately the submitter has not been responding and I would like to
> fix this important bug. Can some brave soul please upgrade to
> console-tools-0.2.3-24dbs (and, also console-common-0.7.16,
> console-data-1999.08.29-25, but not at the same time: they were released
> simulataneously, but I would like to narrow down the bug. Its probably
> in console-tools). Please do so having set
> export DEBCONF_DEBUG=developer
> and grabbing the output.

Actually, this happened on my i386 machine too. I'm not
positive that it's the same problem, but it had the same
symptoms, and I succesfully fixed it by logging out of X
(which had been open when the upgrade happened) and it was
working OK again at the kdm screen. So it _looks_ like the
same problem.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.

use, duplication and distribution.