status of libberkeleydb-perl on powerpc

Can anyone comment on the status of libberkeleydb-perl on the powerpc platform? I tried to install pop-before-smtp from stable (and also testing) which failed due to the lack of this package. I attempted to apt-get source and build the package that way. It appears to build, but as part of the build process tests are run, some of which fail, causing the overall build to fail. Any suggestions?

            Wilhelm Fitzpatrick  |  When we speak of free
         http://www.3roses.com/  |  software we are referring
                rafial@well.com  |  to freedom not price.