Re: Howto remove old kernels by hand

On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 06:42:19PM +0200, Roland Wegmann wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have some old kernels that I want to remove. Can I do this manually simply
> by removing the kernel, its moduls and the system.map? Or are there other
> files that have to be deleted?
>
> I ask, because I have an 2.2.19 kernel that dpkg doesn't know:
>
> dpkg - warning; ignoring request to remove kernel-image-2.2.19 which isn't
> installed.
>
> But it is an orignal potato kernel.

This is probably a better question for debian-user. Yes, if it's not
in use, removing won't hurt anything.  To be consistent, be sure
to also remove any references from quik.conf or yaboot.conf.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |