Re: Debian network installation on IBM RS/6000 44P-170 (POWER3) - HOWTO

> I wonder why it was failing. Once the network is configured, if you have
an
> ethernet connection, we haven't had any other reports of a total failure
> like this. Particularly since wget works in the shell, and wget is also
> what the installer uses to fetch files.
>
> I'm a little reluctant to document this part, if it can be made to work
> through the normal route. Although it's certainly not too difficult.
>

> Thanks again for putting all this down so we can shoot holes in it!
>
> --
> *------v--------- Installing Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 --------v------*
> |      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
> |        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
> |            Chris Tillman        tillman@voicetrak.com          |
> |                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |

Chris,

I totally agree with you. The various work-arounds that I specified show not necessarily be in the installation manual.

I wrote the HOWTO to indicate what I had to do to get Woody installed. Think of it as a document indicating the progress of my effort,
and extract the parts that are of value.

The next step I am working on, is to understand where I or the code went wrong.

Rolf

--
Rolf Brudeseth
pSeries System Engineering & Integration, IBM Enterprise Systems Group