Re: Sound control on TiBook G4

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 10:35:06AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> On my Powerbook, I have found that the "master" control has no effect, but
> rather that separate "speaker" and "headphone" controls work.  Whether or
> not that will be the same for you, I don't know.  This is with kmix.

I managed to get the speaker keys working by installing the ikeyd deb
package, which I somehow managed to miss on my install :)

However the sound is still really distorted, surely there is a way to
fix this. Have I installed a wrong kernel module or missed one or
something? I have installed dma_sound and i2c into the kernel, here is
the output from the /proc/bus/i2c:

mm-danial:~# cat /proc/bus/i2c
i2c-0500smbus/i2cuni-n 0                           Keywest i2c
i2c-10smbus/i2cuni-n 1                           Keywest i2c
i2c-2002smbus/i2cmac-io 0                          Keywest i2c

I tried using kmix like John has suggested but I didn't see a "speaker"
or "headphone" volume control. Only PCM and PCM2.

Anybody?

cheers
Danial.
--
I've got a dragon here, and I'm not afraid to use it!
 -- Eddie Murphy (Shrek)

GPG encryption key : http://danial.customer.netspace.net.au/public.key