Re: sound problems with iBook2 Dual USB

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 10:08:20AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 21:36, Jesus Climent wrote:
> >
> > I have configured my Apple iBook2 dual-USB with BenH0 kernel (Linux
> > debian 2.4.19-pre10-ben0 #2 Sat Jun 22 10:14:44 EEST 2002 ppc unknown)
> > and the sound works a bit strange.
> >
> > I can hear the output, but I cannot control the volume. If I try it
> > sound like those old amplifiers that scratch the volume control as if
> > they have some sand on them, inside...
>
> I can get it to do more or less what I want playing with all the mixers
> in something like aumix. The bass, treble and balance mixers seem to be
> 'normal' at around 33%.
>
> For line out, the default settings when the driver starts seem to be
> best though, so I unload it and load it again for that purpose until the
> driver properly supports the chip.

I have been able to control the output volume by pluging the jack to the
output and unpluging it again. Now I can control perfectly the volume
without problems.

BTW: Is it possible to get the CD output through the speakers? I put a
CD and used gcd to play it, but no actual sound came from it.

Jesus Climent | Unix System Admin | Helsinki, Finland.
www.HispaLinux.es/~data/ || www.simauria.upv.es/~data/
Please, encrypt mail address to me. Download my public
key from http://www.hispalinux.es/~data/public.gpg.txt
Registered Linux user #66350 Debian 3.0 & Linux 2.4.19