Re: ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY and BenH Kernel on New ibooks.

Benjamin Herrenschmidt (benh@kernel.crashing.org) schrieb:

> Hrm... make sure you did a proper build (make clean; make dep; make)

make clean dep vmlinux modules modules_install
all without error, at last I couldn't find one.

> and that you didn't corrupt the kernel installing it (if you used an
> HFS partition, beware that the kernel HFS filesystem is badly broken)

Just installed in /boot, which is ext3.

$ cp vmlinux /boot/vmlinux-2.4.19
$ cp System.map-2.4.19
$ joe /etc/yaboot.conf

added:
image=/boot/vmlinux-2.4.19
        label=lin3
        read-only
        append="video=ofonly"
        append="keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1"
        append="hdb=ide-scsi"
$ ybin
$ reboot
Trying to start lin3 gives me exact the error above. I think i made
something wrong in the config, is it possible to get the example .conf
mentioned in the howto of Jesus Climent?

Many Thx for the fast help,

mfG Johannes