Re: sound problems with iBook2 Dual USB

I have configured my Apple iBook2 dual-USB with BenH0 kernel (Linux
debian 2.4.19-pre10-ben0 #2 Sat Jun 22 10:14:44 EEST 2002 ppc unknown)
and the sound works a bit strange.

I can hear the output, but I cannot control the volume. If I try it
sound like those old amplifiers that scratch the volume control as if
they have some sand on them, inside...

Try using esd it allows me to have a much better sound quality, and to control the volume better, and to have several devices access the sound device simultaneously. Doing this, I get a little delay before hearing mixed sounds. -- does anyone have the same problem ?

marc