Re: Sound on a PowerBook G3 Firewire

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 01:22:33AM +0900, marshal@h9.dion.ne.jp wrote:
>Has anyone been able to get sound recording working on the PowerBook
>G3 Firewire?  Using Gnomemixer, I can turn up the line in for the
>build in mic, and hear the input from it, but when I try to use some
>program like audicity, I can't seem to point it at anything that will
>get me some useful sound.  Not ever a screech.

I have never gotten the built-in mic or the built-in line input to be
useful under linux on my Powerbook G3.  I did pick up a Griffin iMic
(USB mic input), and have found some success with it.  It's been a
couple of months since I used it, but I recall needing to explicitly
specify a recording speed; otherwise, I got clicks in the audio.

I'm sure this isn't quite what you wanted to hear, but I hope it's at
least a little helpful.

--
Brian

                                            "One's friends are that part of