Gnomemeeting2 on PPC or Is dmasound full-duplex?

Hi all!

Has anyone been able to get a working connection (audio and video)
using gnomemeeting2 on a powerpc?

I'm running a PowerBook Firewire 500 and I can connect to my friend
who's running netmeeting, but there's no sound, and the picture
quality is poor.  (which may be because I'm only on a ISDN (single)
line.)  But I just want to make sure that the hardware is not the
problem before I keep digging for solutions.  (The sherlock holmes
method.)

I think it's working fine, because if I turn on rec for line under the
Gnome Mixer, I can hear myself (and just about EVERYTHING else because
there seems to be only 2 settings for the build in mic, on and off)
through the headphones.

Any body had success with Gnomemeeting?

Marshal