Re: ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY and BenH Kernel on New ibooks.

On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 03:28:29AM -0500, Marc Menem wrote:
> Well I have the same configuration, and here are my config files,
> everything works fine, exept but some little problems.
> I am using ben's kernel, and michel's xfree 4.2
>
> - under the console scrolling text lets traces, I've read about the fix,
> but I didn't take time to (apply it- i never use the console and when I
> do simple alt+fn+f1 alt+fn+f2 clears the ugly marks)
>
> - when the system wakes from sleep, the screen is somtimes scrambled.
> here again swithing to console, and back to X repairs the problem . I
> also have to reload the backgroud for my Eterm to dispaly it correctly.
> -- if anyone has a *real* fix, I would appreciate.

I meant config for accelerated X. I use X with "fbdev" driver, and I
would like to use the "ati" or "radeon".

I will give a last try right now, after the match "Spain - Korea" and
report my experiences.

Jesus Climent | Unix System Admin | Helsinki, Finland.
www.HispaLinux.es/~data/ || www.simauria.upv.es/~data/
Please, encrypt mail address to me. Download my public
key from http://www.hispalinux.es/~data/public.gpg.txt
Registered Linux user #66350 Debian 3.0 & Linux 2.4.19