Re: ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY and BenH Kernel on New ibooks.

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 03:49:39PM +0200, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> >I have X4.2 but I have not been able to anything with the different
> >config files I have found around in the net.
> >
> >Anyone has succeded with this configuration?
> >
> >iBook G3 700 14.1"
> >Ati Radeon Mobility M6 LY
> >X4.2
> >... what else?
>
> What does radeonfb from a recent rsync from me does ? it works ? If it
> does, then it will probe the modeline using the EDID. You can then use
> fbset -x to build an XFree modeline.

"radeonfb" where? Inthe kernel append or in the XF86Config-4 file?

I have used fbset -x, but in the append I have "aty128fb" which works
quite ok, using the "fbdev" as driver for X: 1024x768 nonaccel.

BTW: your kernel works out of the box, when compiled and booted, without
any ofonly arguments, as you were asking in another mail.

> Another possibility is to use Ani Joshi parse-edid tool to directly
> parse the EDID property that is somewhere in /proc/device-tree and
> obtain an X modeline. To find the property, look for your video card
> node in /proc/device-tree/pci@f0000000/ (that is the AGP bus). There
> you'll find one or more nodes for the video card (usually a parent and
> 2 childs for laptop ATIs), the EDID is in one of the childs, it can
> be named "EDID", "LCD,EDID", "EDID1" or whatever around those lines...
>
> Pipe this in parse-edid to get the modeline

I will do it as soon as midsummer day hangover is over.

Jesus Climent | Unix System Admin | Helsinki, Finland.
www.HispaLinux.es/~data/ || www.simauria.upv.es/~data/
Please, encrypt mail address to me. Download my public
key from http://www.hispalinux.es/~data/public.gpg.txt
Registered Linux user #66350 Debian 3.0 & Linux 2.4.19