Re: ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY and BenH Kernel on New ibooks.

>I have X4.2 but I have not been able to anything with the different
>config files I have found around in the net.
>
>Anyone has succeded with this configuration?
>
>iBook G3 700 14.1"
>Ati Radeon Mobility M6 LY
>X4.2
>... what else?

What does radeonfb from a recent rsync from me does ? it works ? If it
does, then it will probe the modeline using the EDID. You can then use
fbset -x to build an XFree modeline.

Another possibility is to use Ani Joshi parse-edid tool to directly
parse the EDID property that is somewhere in /proc/device-tree and
obtain an X modeline. To find the property, look for your video card
node in /proc/device-tree/pci@f0000000/ (that is the AGP bus). There
you'll find one or more nodes for the video card (usually a parent and
2 childs for laptop ATIs), the EDID is in one of the childs, it can
be named "EDID", "LCD,EDID", "EDID1" or whatever around those lines...

Pipe this in parse-edid to get the modeline

I enclosed Ani's tool.

Ben.