Re: X getting close (was X won't start)

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 07:56:49AM +0200, Michel Lanners wrote:
> apt-get install xserver-xfree86

In the future, please advise people to install x-window-system or
x-window-system-core instead.

Those psuedopackages are there specifically to simplify life for people
who haven't the time or inclination to worry about font servers, the
"fixed" font, or the distinction between X servers and X clients.

Thanks for helping to relieve the question load on me, though.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     "Why do we have to hide from the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      police, Daddy?"