Re: new iBook 700 LCD / ohci1394 driver.

On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 09:41, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 17:51, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > >  I don't know if there is a problem keeping ohci1394 from being able to
> > >sleep properly, or if it's just a matter of nobody having done it yet.
> > >Anyone care to comment?
> >
> > Nobody have done it yet, and it is not that simple as devices may
> > disappear or be plugged during sleep.
>
> Yeah, the USB layer seems to wake the machine up when there's a USB
> device connected during sleep. That's highly annoying I must say.

Is that annoying, or useful?  I mean, if I unplug something a USB device
and the computer reawakes and then resleeps (as it does in my iBook),
does the CPU get any time to do things like unload the driver,  etc,
etc, or am I just indulging in wishful thinking?

-- Edd