Re: Installing other Packages

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 04:47:31PM +1000, Tim Bateman wrote:

> 	I hit the exact problem over the weekend. Several posters told me
> to change from stable to woody (or probably potato equally) in
> /etc/apt/sources.list and then run apt-get upgrade and it fixed all for
> me.

No, potato is the previous version to woody, and is equivalent to stable atm.
You need 'woody' in the sources.list right now. If our fearless release
manager isn't lying, you could have 'stable' next week, but not yet.

Also, after changing the sources.list, you need:

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

(not apt-get upgrade).