Bewan Gazel 128 USB [was: Update: USB-ISDN Adaptor for Powerbooks]

Hello all,

as I'm looking for a few months for a ISDN-modem solution for my
ibook2, I gave the Gazel 128 USB after reading this thread a chance.

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 01:16:19PM +0100, benh@kernel.crashing.org wrote:
> >I'm afraid we do neither provide precompiled binary files for MAC machines
> >nor do we release the corresponding source code.
> >
> >So: Does anybody have any ISDN adaptor that works with a Linux iBook?
> >Any experience how to get a BeWan Gazel 128? I wasn't able to find a shop
> >that sells those in Germany...

I could get one by my Apple-Dealer (3 weeks waiting), my private
emails to bewan.com aren't answered till today :-(

> Bewan gazel works. But you should still bug them about releasing a PPC
> binary of their lib ;)
>
> Ben.

Well Bewan states in the commiting folder that the Gazel 128 USB
should work with linux (among other OS's). So I started
recompiling a kernel 2.4.19-pre9-ben0 with isdn.o and USB-Modem(CDC-ACM)
as modules.

After that I created "/dev/usb/ttyACM0 c 166 0".

cat /proc/bus/usb/devices showed in one line:

S: Product=USB ISDN modem
C:*#Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwer=100mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=01 Prot=01 Driver=(none)
                               ^^^^^^

If this means that one needs a vendor-specific driver (and it looks so
in the kernels-usb documentation), does anybody know if there exists
such a driver for PPC. At bewan.com I couldn't find even the
i386-driver for that device on their download-site.

TIA for any infos, help or suggestions &

Have a good time

--

M.f.G.

Georg Koss