Re: X server 100% CPU

On Sun, 2002-06-02 at 18:31, Luis M wrote:

> I commented out the DRI and glx (opengl or any other 3D modules) in my X
> config file and now I have not seen the problem again...

You could probably leave in glx, without dri that's just software OpenGL
rendering which shouldn't normally have an impact on stability.

> However, I do remember that everytime it happened I was running Galeon, so
> it could be that galeon was somehow leaking memory, but, not that I was
> looking for that in particular.
>
> There might be some kind of conflict between the 3D modules for X and
> Galeon???

Hardly, when DRI is enabled that also affects 2D acceleration, and 3D
instabilities can show up there. In particular, I still suspect that
agpgart is the cause, which is known to be unstable for us yet. Without
it, 2D has been rock solid for me even with DRI enabled, both with a
Rage128 and Radeon Mobility.