Re: Lower-latency kernels?
- To: Bastien Nocera <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Lower-latency kernels?
- From: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Date: 03 Jun 2002 00:01:07 +0200
- Message-id: <1023055267.5835.11908.camel@tibook>
- In-reply-to: <1023054933.32353.243.camel@dozo>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20020602215947.F83028@xs4all.nl> <email@example.com> <20020602233919.G83028@xs4all.nl> <1023054307.3637.11691.camel@tibook> <1023054933.32353.243.camel@dozo>
On Sun, 2002-06-02 at 23:55, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-06-02 at 22:45, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > On Sun, 2002-06-02 at 23:39, jtv wrote:
> > > On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 11:29:05PM +0200, Christian Jaeger wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Where did you get it from, is it unproblematic or do I need a special
> > > > version as Michael Lanners is suggesting?
> > >
> > > No, you just apply it to the source and rebuild. Won't work with the
> > > more recent 2.4.19 prereleases though, even if you tell it to treat them
> > > like 2.4.18.
> > But were you asked for CONFIG_PREEMPT in the kernel config and set it to
> > yes? If no, you applied the patch for nothing... (I didn't think a
> > powerpc port of it was available yet) Bastien can tell you a story about
> > that. :^)
> /me kicks Michel in the pants
> You're just jealous of my 2.4.18-ben0-xfs-o1-preempt-bright kernel.
Yep, I only have 2.4.19-pre8-ben0-xfs-fblogo-lolat... ;) What's -bright
> > If yes, where did you get it from? :)
> It's weird that Andrew didn't get around doing one for PPC yet.
You mean Robert.
Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)/ Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc) developer
XFree86 and DRI project member / CS student, Free Software enthusiast
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com