Re: Testing woody on a IBM RS6000 B50

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 02:23:59PM -0500, Rolf Brudeseth wrote:
> Santiago,
> PS: As I have posted before, I know how to compile a kernel but I have
> limited knowledge of how to build a RAM disk and bootable CDs. While I am
> spending a fair amount of time trying to figure this out by reading various
> FAQs and HOWTOs, if somebody already has images that they want tested I
> would be glad to do so. I have access to pretty much all the various
> RS/6000 and pSeries systems available.

I just put a script together last weekend for a powerpc netinst CD. I left
a FIXME in it; maybe you could possibly get it to work with prep also.

cvs.debian.org/boot-floppies/powerpc-specials/mini-iso.sh

> PSS: If someone has technical questions pertaining to RS/6000 and pSeries
> systems you can send them my way as well. I will forward them to the
> internal Linux group.

I think the PReP- and CHRP-oriented installation documents should be
incorporated into the main installation manual. But they seem to be
out-of-date; I wonder if someone could offer some suggestions as to
what should go in and what should be ignored. (Or, better yet, patches
to boot-floppies/documentation/en/* :^)

The pieces I'm referring to are at
cvs.debian.org/boot-floppies/powerpc-specials/install-chrp.en.sgml
and
cvs.debian.org/boot-floppies/powerpc-specials/install-prep.en.sgml