Re: xmms-cdread problem

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 09:29:19PM +0200, jonas bandi wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> I want to play aodiocds on my titanium notebook.
>
> So I installed xmms-cdread. This gave me the libcdread.so Input-Plugin
> for xmms.

I did that as well on my iBook...

> Now I have both plugins libcdaudio.so and libcdread.so. Should I disable
> one of them.

I don't know, didn't check...

> Anyway, to see the cd-tracks in the directory /cdrom I have to start
> xmms as root (sudo), can I change that?

Hmmm, I just press the Load file(s) buttons, enter /dev/cdrom in
the Selection textfield, and press Enter. The different audio tracks
appear in the playlist.

> But the problem is: I cant play the tracks, I can add them to the
> playlist, but nothing happens!

I can't play them either on my Mac (I get a segmentation fault) but
this approach works fine on my Pentium.

Hope you have more luck,

> thanks
> jonas

Wouter

> --

Blessed are they who Go Around in Circles, for they Shall be Known as Wheels.