Re: ADB keyboards and kernels

On 2002.03.23 02:31 eric.s.cote@sympatico.ca wrote:
Michel,

Sorry I took so long to reply, but I've been very busy re-seeting this up for my new kernel, and the new configs, etc.

I thought about what you said about macintosh and macintosh_old settings for XF86Config-4, and it makes sense. Thing is, my kernel is still my old one, and no matter what I do I can't seem to boot off the new (2.4.18) kernel. I've copied the System.map, the kernel itself (which when finished compiling, it shows as an exec file, is that ok?) and the config file. I've also updated quik, but no go.

well the quik problem was solved (thanks to sourdough!), and i have now resolved the macintosh vs. macintosh_old flip-flop. i still have "keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes = 1" (don't have a choice, i upgraded the kernel :), but with "macintosh" instead of "macintosh_old" as suggested. thank you all! :)

eric

eric