Re: Re : usbmouse and docs and please more docs...

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 09:44:40AM +0100, Renato Barrios wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>

> ----------
> >De?: "Chris Tillman" <tillman@voicetrak.com>
> >? : debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
> >Objet?: Re: usbmouse and docs
> >Date?: Ven 15 mars 2002 3:24
> >

> > On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 02:43:57PM +0100, Renato Barrios wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> In an iMac and an usb mouse I can run debian with gpm in the console.
> >> Please tell me how to configure  potato's XF86Config (I don't find the
> >> script as in i386 I have used before).
> >> I wrote in the Pointer Protocole section "AUTO" that runs with great
> >> limitations.
> >> "USB", "PS/2" and "OSMouse" options are not recognized.
> >
> > PS/2 should work.
> IMPS/2 has worked well with /dev/mouse -> usbmouse
>
> > use /dev/input/mice
> >
> Please tell me if there is a documentation for debian ppc subjects. For
> example, for installation of X, I found all options in xkb for pc but I has
> been some time searching the macintosh options. I have a french keyboard and
> it was specially difficult to run it correctoy.
> There is not only docs problems but software delivered as ppc specific too.
> Thanks,
> Renato

The installation manual has this and a few other hints in the post-install
chapter. Also check out www.debian.org/ports/powerpc and see if there's
some things we need to add. If you can point me in the right direction to
find any powerpc specific debian stuff, I can add it here. penguinppc.org is
always good too.