Re: 2 screens setup on 7500

Another follow up to my previous post, some trials later...

>>> Does anyone has a setup like this working ?  Should I use another
>>> Mode with this screen ?
>>
>> If the server log looks like it's trying to drive both heads, but the
>> monitor doesn't sync, a problem with the mode is possible.
>
> Yes, that seems to be the problem.  However I can't figure out to
> build a correct mode for the screen (Apple Multiple Scan 20).  When I
> boot with and stay in console mode with
> 'video=atyfb:vmode:20,cmode:24' the screen is perfect.

For experimentation purposes, I've tried connecting my other screen
(Samsung LCD 15") to the ATI 3D Rage LT Pro card.  With screen settings
similar to the ones used with the onboard card, I cannot make this card
to work !

But when I look into the logs I see :

(**) ATI(0): Default mode "1024x768": 78.8 MHz, 60.1 kHz, 75.1 Hz
(II) ATI(0): Modeline "1024x768"   78.80  1024 1040 1136 1312  768 769
772 800 +hsync +vsync

...which is exactly the same settings as the one generated with the
onboard video (onboard video is functionning very well !).  But I've got
no output, my LCD screen says : frequency too high....

Where am I wrong ?  Is the ATI driver really working with a ATI 3D Rage
LT Pro ?  What bothers me a bit is the following message from the log :

(II) ATI(0): Maximum clock:  96.00 MHz

Which I always get although I think the clock can go up to 220 MHz on
this card.  After this message, XFree is rejecting a lot of modes
because of 'bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan', can this be the source
of my problems ?

When experimenting all these settings, I've tried with a single head
setup to be sure there wasn't incompatibility between the two heads.

I'm running out of clues to continue my quest...

Antoine.