Newbie looking for Linux distro for PowerMac 8100/80

Hi List

For reasons I won't go into, I've been trying to install MkLinux PR1 on a 8100/80 for about a month - belatedly I get the distinct impression that it has not been supported/developed for some time. Needless to say I'm struggling to get many functions/applications to work

I've found a source for a "boxed" set of 6 CD's and documentation for Debian 2.2.r5. Before devoting the next month or so to trying this, can anyone advise whether this will run on the (ageing) PowerMac 8100/80.

Thanks

Clive
--
Clive Menzies & Associates Limited