Re: Audio CDs in xmms on ibook2 2001 600Mhz

On Sat, 2002-03-02 at 15:11, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Mit, 2002-02-27 at 03:20, Gordon Paynter wrote:
> >
> > When I attempt to play a CD using "AudioCD Reader 0.14a", xmms cycles
> > through the track names very fast, and no sound comes out.
> >
> > I initially thought my problem might be that /dev/cdrom is aliased to
> > /dev/hdb (other pages have asserted that /dev/sr0 and /dec/hdc are
> > correct) but I have been able to mount CDs at this device before, and
> > the xmms "CD Audio Player" plugin was able to read the CD well enough
> > to look up the tracks via CDDB database.  So I don't think that's it.
>
> The Linux kernel CD-ROM driver doesn't support audio grabbing with all
> drives, maybe you need to use SCSI emulation.

See linuxppc-dev Michel, the drive in my iBook 500 didn't do
audio-grabbing before either. Gordon, what's the name of the drive as
reported by dmesg (the complete name) or /proc/ide/hdb/model ?

If it's a:
$ cat /proc/ide/hdb/model
MATSHITADVD-ROM SR-8176
grab a recent kernel, it's fixed already.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net