apt-get and Firewall

Dear friends

After sucessufully installing debian from official CD distribution, I would like to install some packages using apt-get. At the time of the installation I only choose the CD-ROM as source, but now I need to do it from FTP, or HTTP sources, so first question is how to reconfigure apt-get to use then also? Do I have to edit the settings file (which is, and where is it?). Second, since I'm under the surveillance of a firewall I have fear that it will interfere with transfers, so how I confugure apt-get to use the firewalll settings?

Sorry for this quite simple questions, but i'm new in Linux.

Pedro

Pedro Alves, PhD Student		telf: 00 33 1 42114921
INSERM 487 - PR1			fax: 00 33 1 42115288
Inst. Gustave Roussy			e-mail: 	alves@igr.fr
39, rue Camille Desmoulins			pedro.alves@eudoramail.com
94805 Villejuif, FRANCE