Re: [Debian-PowerMacs]Re: fbdev installation dumbness

on 20/02/2002 11:08, Michael Schmitz at
schmitz@mail.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:

>> anyone still got a copy of this:
>>
>> "dev/adbmouse" ? in the installation of fbdev, i stupidly told it to remove
>
> On each and every Mac running Linux I keep a copy of this (for old time's
> sake, mostly). adbmouse is chardev major 10 minor 10, for reference (and
> you can finds this information in ./Documentation/devices.txt from any
> random Linux kernel source tree, some of which are even available via
> cvsweb).
>
> What you really want to use is /dev/input/mice (at least with recent kernels).
>
> Michael

ok thanks. That's what i ended up doing - /dev/input/mice. I wa poking
around the /dev directory, and I saw that, so I pointed gpm there, and I
have a corny (but useful) rectangular mouse cursor wandering around on my
screen :-). Thank you,

eric