Re: Endless Problems with XF86Config, what am I doing wrong?

At 03:15 PM 11/12/01 +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
Mike Yukish wrote:

> I tried BootX with "no video driver" forced, and then (from the
> LinuxPPC FAQomatic) tried the kernel arguments:
>
> video=controlfb:vmode:13,cmode:16  3

It's been a long time since I last used BootX, but these two settings
sound contradictory. Try not forcing "no video driver".

Oops, I meant to say "I first tried checking 'no video driver', then I tried not checking 'no video driver' and passing kernel arguments." Neither case worked.

Mike Yukish
Head, Manufacturing Product & Process Design Department
Applied Research Lab/Penn State University
may106@psu.edu
(814) 863-7143