Re: broken libc6, looking for a working dpkg

On 15 Jun 2001 15:38:59 +0300, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 12:19:46AM +0100, thus said Bastien Nocera:
> > Hi,
> >
> > After downgrading my libc6 from 2.2.3-1 to 2.2.2-1, because the upgrade
> > broke most of xmms' plugins and evolution (that even a recompile
> > couldn't fix), I'm stuck with a version of dpkg that requires libc6
> > 2.2.3.
> >
> > Does anybody have a binary of dpkg that I could use on a glibc 2.2.2
> > based system ?

I managed to get it back to a working state, thanks Ethan.

> > Did anybody else have these plugins problems ? I reckon it could be a
> > problem with glib's dlopen() code (not glibc, glib), but didn't have the
> > time to investigate.
>
> Ah! At least someone in the same boat I guess.. My Evolution broke as well.
> I noticed gdialog segfaulted after the glibc upgrade, but recompiling the
> gnome-utils package of which gdialog is part of, fixed it. Did you get
> something like this with Evo?
>
> 	http://tigert.gimp.org/things/aieee.png
>
> or is it something different? I am wondering why this broke, is it a
> broken glibc package or my own fault, and how to fix it the right way?

Much like it. I am _not_ restarting evolution until this is fixed ;) so
here is what I get when I launch xmms, some plugins fail to load:

/usr/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0: R_PPC_REL24 relocation at 0x6f6596d4 for
symbol `' out of range
/home/hadess/.xmms/Plugins/libkjofol.so: R_PPC_REL24 relocation at
0x6f46aeb8 for symbol `' out of range

I tried recompiling glib with the new glibc, and not more success. Does
anybody have an idea about this ?

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera