Re: iBook2 install

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 08:01:00PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > What's the kernel version that includes all of the necessary kernel
> > > patches?
> >
> > BenH's rsync is currently at 2.4.5-pre3.  One thing that you do need to do
>
> OK, assuming 2.4.5 will be fine ...

Probably fine.  The sleep stuff hasn't made it out of BenH's tree yet..

> > (and I wasn't totally sure if the way I did it was correct) is make sure
> > airport gets taken down before sleep.  The driver currently doesn't know
> > anything about state and when you wake up, it becomes quite mad (and spams
> > w/ info about re-trying packet X).  I figured /var/tmp/ might be the right
> > spot, but..  Non-airport cards don't seem to have the problem (but it was
> > in a real pcmcia slot, so it might have been turned 'off' correctly).
>
> So PCMCIA wavelan cards are handled by the card services stuff - can't
> we get the airport handled by the pcmcia stuff as well? That might take
> care of it. Related question: can other machines have an airport card
> fitted, or just Pismo and later models?

The airport card isn't really a pcmcia device, as far as Linux is concerned.
It's something the driver _should_ be able to handle, but doesn't currently.
As far as I know, only pismo and later (I _think_ pismo can have an actual
Apple Airport card, but I'm not sure) have this issue.

> I'll still need to check what additional dependencies your airport patch
> involves before taking further action.

procfs, sed and shellutils. :)

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)