Re: netatalk causes kernel panic

At 01:09 -0900 3/17/2001, Ethan Benson wrote:
i have had this in my afpd.conf:

plato   -tcp  -noddp -nosetpassword -nouservol -noguest

which works quite nicely in standalone appletalk free setup.
appletalk sucks, get rid of it.  the atalkd daemon makes it suck even
worse, just start it and look at all the crap it constantly spews on
the network.

i have:

mojo -tcp -noddp

but didn't realize i could get rid of atalkd after doing that.

When I compile a kernel can I drop the Appletalk DDP module or is it still required even if not really used (i.e. does netatalk look for it even if it isn't going to use it)?

I'll give that a whirl.
Kevin