iBook2: Screen litter again

Hello!

On my iBook2, the ATY R128 framebuffer device litters the screen with spurious characters (often at the end of a long line of text, or in the minibuffer in emacs when doing an I-search, etc) in an unpredictable but reproducible way.

However, the Open Firmware framebuffer device (i.e. I give the kernel the parameter video=ofonly at boot) works perfectly on the virtual consoles, but then I can't start X.

If I could put the ATY at /dev/fb0 and the OF at /dev/fb1 I could then choose the right framebuffer depending on the circumstances. Is this possible? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

			Mats Aigner