Screen litter

Hello again, just a couple more questions while I'm at it:

I have an iBook2, kernel 2.4.13 and woody and I'm not running X. I get "litter" on the screen, ie characters (or just a pieces of a characters) appear where there really are no characters, and I have to clear it away with ^l.

I never had this problem with 2.2.19 and potato. Can this be fixed? Has it something to do with the framebuffer support? (I compiled the kernel with CONFIG_FB_OF=y and CONFIG_FB_ATY128=y.)

Also, when I give the "snooze" command, the "computer" goes to sleep all right, but the screen starts displaying a fast-changing pattern of mostly vertical lines. When I wake it up, the lines go away but a (rather beautiful) pattern of random pixels covers the screen. It goes away with ^l, but I'm mystified and want to know what is happening!

			Mats Aigner