Re: debian: sawfish crashing

Michel Dänzer <michdaen@iiic.ethz.ch> writes:

> Well, I'm running all GNOME, sawfish and X from unstable without problems on
> this PowerBook Pismo, and my load is often >1. :)
>
> Do you have enough RAM and swap? Might be the OOM killer... </wildguess>

I'm running full GNOME, sawfish, and X from unstable on a TiBook, and
my uptimes (including X and sawfish) are usually more than a week
straight before I reboot my computer for some reason or another.

The OOM killer is an interesting guess; Brendan, what does
grep -i 'out of memory' /var/log/syslog say?

If it's not that, try recompiling sawfish with debugging information,
then run it under GDB, and send the backtrace in a bug report.