Startup disk ruined my booting setup

I had things set up quite nicely: turn on the power, and im presented with a black screen and "m for macos, l for linux". Defualt was macos after 10seconds. Or, I could hold down option key and get icons for the different OSs.

I opened the Startup Disk control pane, didnt touch anything, just opened it to have a look out of sheer boredom, and now it boots straight into macos, though the option key thing still works.

I tried running ybin, but it didnt change anything.

PS. Thank you for replying to my previous posts, sorry for not thanking you personally (you know who you are!).