Re: Choosing which 2.4 kernel tree to use for OldWorld

On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 09:25:29AM -0700, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> I've never been quite clear on what kernel I should use.  There seem to be
> kernels on mvista.com, which I gues are considered the "official" powerpc
> kernel.  Then there are the benh kernels which I used to use but don't
> anymore because I no longer know where the definitive source can be found.
>
> What kernel is recommended for use on the tibook?  I've currently got
> 2.4.7 from mvista, and the kerboard is hosed and the hardware clock
> doesn't work.

Let me ask this question also, but for oldworld machines, specifically,
7200, 6500, and oldworld g3.

Will kernel.org ppc 2.4 kernels be ok for these systems?  The systems I
would be running would mostly be headless routers, file & print servers, and such.

Mike