Re: Keyboard horkage on powerbook

On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 09:19:39AM -0700, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> The other day, I apt-get upgraded my system to whatever was available at
> the time.  One of the things messages I got during the install was that I
> needed to recompile my kernel to change the way it does keyboard mapping.

you should do what your told.

> Now since I rebooted it, of course, my keyboard doesn't work.  Pressing
> any key produces some unexpected character.

thats what happens when you ignore important upgrade messages.

you got what you deserved.  next time LISTEN and DO.

ill let others point out the part of that message that told you how to
fix this.  see if you had bothered to read it you would not have had
to post to this list about it.

--
Ethan Benson  who wonders if schools bother teaching reading anymore
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/