Re: Audio on the Pismo

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Derrik Pates wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Pan wrote:
>
> > The problem is that I don't get any sound of it. I can read the cd, xmms
> > and grip, both get the lists from cddb, it looks like it's playing but
> > nothing comes out. I also tried with gmix and aumix (both command line and
> > the gtk version) but doesn't matter what I do I don't get sound. I don't
> > get any errors, I just don't hear anything. Either internal speakers or
> > headphones.
>
> Have you gone to the "Preferences" window in XMMS, and disabled the
> standard CD audio plugin? How are you playing the CD after installing the
> xmms-cdread plugin? You're supposed to open the CD device node, then all
> the tracks from the CD will be added to the playlist.

I did that, and disabled the standard CD audio plugin too. And I opened
the cd device node. I got all the songs on the playlist all right. It
looks like it's playing but somehow the sound is not coming out.

I tried recompiling the kernel with the sound stuff embedded on the
kernel, not as modules. Still doesn't work.

Benja