Re: evolution builds for powerpc?

On 10 Aug 2001 20:00:57 +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:

> p.s.: I had one minor problem building the package, because building
> evolution needs access to an XServer at some point (failed first with
> Cannot open display...). But I don't think this is powerpc specific.

My understanding is "gtk-doc" package, that is used to generate some
developer documentation on Evolution, needs a $DISPLAY for some strange
reason. Maybe because of the "gtk" part?

But I know a jack about it, I just heard it from somewhere.

> As you can see I am using evolution now and when you can read this it
> worked!

Me too :) And we both apparently were smart enough to not send messages
as HTML to a mailing list :)

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert@ximian.com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::